Frequently Asked Questions about Visa

1. Do I need a visa before visiting China's mainland?

Answer: Foreign citizens generally need a visa to visit China's mainland with the exception of visa-free entry according to relevant agreements and regulations.

2.What type of visa should I apply for?

Answer: It depends on the purpose of your trip to China and other factors. See "Visa Introduction" for more information on the visa types .Consular officers have the final say on the type of visa to be issued.

3. What documents should I submit when I apply for a visa? What are the requirements?

Answer: Necessary materials should be submitted based on the purpose of your trip to China.

See relevant visa regulations for details.

4. How long before my planned trip should I apply for a visa?

Answer: You are suggested to submit visa application a month before your planned trip to China. If you apply too early, the visa may have expired when you need to use it. If you apply too late, you may not have enough time to get the visa.

5. How long does it take to get a visa after my application?

Answer: If you have submitted all required documents, usually it'll take 4 business days (it varies case by case). If you have a special or emergency situation, you may request express (2 or 3 business days) with an additional fee.

6. Do I need to make an appointment for visa application?

Answer: No. You can visit the visa section during business hour, i.e. Sunday to Thursday, from 9:00-12:00 AM.

7. What does "Entries" on the visa mean? What should I do if the number of entries on the visa runs out?

Answer: "Entries" refers to the number of times the bearer is permitted to enter China within the validity of a visa. It can be single-entry, double-entry, or multiple-entries. For single-entry and double-entry visas, once the number of entries is used up, the visa becomes invalid, and you need to apply for a new visa again. The visa will also become invalid if its validity period expires, regardless of the number of entries left. Visiting China with an invalid visa will result in denial of entry. Therefore, please check your number of entries and make sure you have a valid visa before your departure for China.

8. When will my visa become valid and when will it expire?

Answer: The validity of a visa starts from the date of issue, unless otherwise indicated on the visa.

A visa expires under any of the following circumstances:

(1) After 24:00 (Beijing Time) of the Enter Before date shown on the visa;

(2) The number of entries is used up;

(3) The visa is revoked or canceled by the Chinese government authorities;

(4) Other circumstances in accordance with Chinese laws.

9. What does "Duration of Each Stay" mean? What should I do if I want to stay in China longer than the "Duration of Each Stay" allowed?

Answer: Duration of Each Stay refers to the maximum days the bearer is permitted to stay in China. The duration of stay is calculated from the date of entry into China. Bearer of an ordinary visa should apply for an extension of the duration at the local public security authorities if he/she intends to stay in China longer than the Duration of Each Stay shown on the visa (but the application may not be approved).

Bearers of Z, J1 Q1,S1 or X1 visa must apply for a resident permit at the local public security authorities within 30 days of entry into China, otherwise their stay in China will be illegal.

Overstaying a visa in China is a violation of Chinese laws and regulations. The perpetrator is subject to fines and other penalties. Please check the duration of each stay on visa and make sure not overstay.

10. What should a foreigner be aware during his/her stay in China?

Answer: A Foreigner in China should comply with Chinese laws and regulations, and should not engage in activities unrelated to the purpose of trip specified on your visa application form or not authorized by relevant Chinese government authorities. If a foreigner intends to work in China, he/she must apply for a work permit at competent authorities. Violators of relevant laws and regulations will be punished.

11. Can I enter China after I get the visa?

Answer: You can enter China via Chinese ports open to foreigners after getting the visa. Chinese customs/checkpoint officials reserve the right to deny a visa bearer's entry into China 

12. If my visa expires during my stay in China, can I continue my stay?

Answer: Although your visa expires, you can still stay in China until the allowed Duration of Each Stay expires.

13. What should I do if I lose my passport in China?

Answer: You should report the loss to local public security authorities as soon as possible and go to your diplomatic commission to China to apply for a new passport or other travel document. After that, you should go to the local public security authorities to apply for a new entry and exit visa.

14. How can I apply a tourist visa? I run a travel agency in Dhaka, how can I act as a visa agent?

Answer: According to Chinese regulations, Bangladesh citizen can apply tourist visa with invitation letter issued by any eligible travel agency in China, together with other documents. The Bangladesh local travel agencies can cooperate with their Chinese counterparts in this field.

Suggest to a friend: